If you’re still washing your face with traditional facial cleanser, there’s something you should know.
There’s a much better method for attaining the balanced and beautiful skin you desire.
Oil cleansing offers an alternative to the facewash you’ve been using for years…even if you have oily skin.
Check it out.
What is Oil Cleansing?
Oil cleansing is a method of cleansing your skin using natural oils. The whole premise behind oil cleansing is applying a specific combination of oils to the skin that cleanses the skin and balances any excess oil production. Even if you have acne.
Acne.org explains it like this:
“Fact: Oil dissolves oil. One of the most basic principles of chemistry is that ‘like dissolves like.’ The best way to dissolve a non-polar solvent like sebum/oil, is by using another non-polar solvent similar in composition: Other oils. By using the right oils, you can cleanse your pores of dirt and bacteria naturally, gently and effectively, while replacing the dirty oil with beneficial ones extracted from natural botanicals, vegetables and fruit that heal, protect and nourish your skin. When done properly and consistently, the OCM can clear the skin from issues like oily skin, dry skin, sensitive skin, blackheads, whiteheads and other problems caused by mild to moderate acne–while leaving your skin healthy, balanced and properly moisturized.”
Oil cleansing naturally nourishes and moisturizes the skin far more than the traditional soap-based cleansers most of us have been using since we started taking care of our skin. And it’s not just beneficial for acne.
Following are some of the beautifying benefits of oil cleansing for your skin.
5 Benefits of Oil Cleansing
1.Deep Cleans the Skin
Think that a soap or detergent-based facial cleanser is the only way to deeply clean your skin? Get this. Oil cleansing is excellent for removing any impurities, dead skin cells, and bacteria. The oil actually binds to dirt and basically lifts it away, leaving your skin deeply cleansed without any residue.
2.Effectively Removes Makeup
Oil cleansing also offers a natural way to remove makeup. Even the thickest, most waterproof mascaras. Oil cleansing is a safe and extremely effective way to remove makeup and even nourishes your gorgeous eyelashes while getting the job done.
3.Natural Anti-Aging Benefits
While we can’t stop time, we can slow down the way it shows up on our face. Oil cleansing contains natural anti-aging benefits due to the rich presence of antioxidants in plant-based oils. The beneficial oils contained in an oil cleanser will soak right into the skin and offer a natural balanced and beautiful glow.
4.Excellent for Acne
I mention that oil cleansing is excellent for acne again because I want anyone who suffers from acne prone skin to know there is another way! Oil cleansing regulates oil production and balances skin without clogging pores. Keep in mind that it can take a week or so for the skin to adjust to oil cleansing, and you could see more oil production and breakouts as any impurities are lifted out of your skin.
5.Perfect for All Skin Types
Oil cleansing isn’t just beneficial for acne-prone skin, it’s actually perfect for all skin types. Whether your skin is dry, oily, combination or super sensitive, oil cleansing can help. It naturally balances all skin types, giving you the gorgeous skin you desire…and deserve.
Making Oil Cleansing a Regular Part of Your Skin Care Regime
I discovered the benefits of oil cleansing years ago, and I’ve never gone back to traditional facial cleansers. I became so enamored with oil cleansing that I created my very own oil cleanser, Chally HA!.
It’s made seven simple ingredients…and a whole lotta love. Chally HA! ingredients (and their benefits) include:
- Chaulmoogra Oil: Used for thousands of years in India as a treatment for leprosy, chaulmoogra oil is a powerful antibacterial. Specifically it kills the type of staph that causes acne in the first place.
- Hazelnut Oil: With a high content of vitamin E and fatty acids, hazelnut oil helps to increase moisture on the outermost layer of the skin. It encourages elasticity, helping one to maintain that coveted youthful glow.
- Argan Oil: Originating from trees native to Morocco, Argan oil is similar to hazelnut oil in that it’s loaded with vitamin E and fatty acids. Argan oil is known to reduce the signs of aging, hydrate skin, reduce oily skin, and possibly protect against sun damage.
- Almond Oil: Loades with vitamin E and fatty acids (are you beginning to see a pattern here?), almond oil is awesome for reducing oxidative stress, protecting skin from UV radiation, smoothing out fine lines, reducing acne, helping skin retain moisture.
- Karanja Seed Oil: Similar to neem oil in its ability to clear acne, combat wrinkles, and moisturize dry skin, Karanja seed oil adds a beneficial boost for the balanced, beautiful skin Chally HA! offers. I was personally turned onto its magical acne healing ability when I intuitively told my oldest daughter to stop everything for a day and just Karanja seed oil on her acne ridden face to see what happened. In just one day her skin was healing. Redness almost completely gone and more than 7 white-heads clearing up.
- Frankincense Essential Oil: Considered the King of Royal Oils, Frankincense contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties. When used on the skin it’s known to reduce the appearance of fine lines and even out skin discolorations (think age spots). It also stimulates the growth of new skin cells and tightens pores.
- Sage Essential Oil: Sage is loaded with antioxidants which help fight bacteria and free radicals on the skin. Sage essential oil can reduce the signs of aging, balance out skin tone, and help reduce excess oil production.
There you have it. The benefits of Chally HA! Oil Cleanser in a nutshell.
We also have a new version of Chally HA! that’s made with Bulgarian rose oil (which essentially contains the same benefits as Frankincense) and lemon balm essential oil (which holds the same benefits as sage plus antiviral and anticancer capabilities).
If you’re new to oil cleansing, I personally invite you to experience taking your skin care routine to another level. My clients (and I) have seen a HUGE reduction in blackheads from oil cleansing. And even though science says it’s impossible, I constantly hear how oil cleansing seems to dramatically reduce pore size.
I also offer an option of customizing your own oil cleanser. Brazen Bee’s Customized Oil Cleanser lets you take control of your skincare. Chose from 22 different oils to create a 2oz. bottle oil cleanser to meet your personal needs.
How to Oil Cleanse
- Lightly rinse face with warm water.
- Apply 1-2 teaspoons of oil cleanser to your face, massaging the oil gently (but firmly) into the skin for approximately two minutes. Allow to sit on the skin for 30 seconds or more.
- Run a washcloth under hot/warm water, squeeze out excess water, and place over your face for 10-15 seconds. Slowly wipe away oil cleanser and repeat until all oil is removed from your skin. Keep in mind that a smooth, soft cloth works best (I personally have a bamboo washcloth I LOVE for oil cleansing). You can also just rinse the oil off with warm water and gently pat skin dry with a towel.